Join a making group
If you are interested in helping us to make Community Cards have a look at the list of jobs below as we are sure there is a job for all who want to be involved. Then get in touch by email and we can put you in touch with a group close to you.
- SORTING – donated cards are sorted to find those of correct quality, type and size
- MARKING – sorted cards are marked using 3 sizes of templates
- TRIMMING – marked cards are trimmed on a paper trimmer
- STICKING – trimmed card fronts are glued to pieces of folded card
- TRIMMING – any excess card is trimmed from the edges
- LABELLING – a sticker is placed on the reverse side
- BAGGING – finished cards are placed in a plastic ‘poly’ bag ready for sale
All of the above tasks are very easy to pick up, although training is available for perfectionists! None require any artistic ability, just a good eye and reasonable manual dexterity.
Some volunteers do these tasks in the comfort of their own home, whereas some prefer to meet in groups to socialise with friends at the same time.
Card making group locations
- Berry Brow – volunteering from home. Please email email@example.com
- Newsome Group 1 (full)
- Newsome Group 2. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linthwaite (full)
- Brockholes. Please email email@example.com
- Meltham. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to join one of our card making groups, please send us an email to email@example.com or text to 07504099344 giving your name and which group you would like to join. We will get back to you to let you know if the group has available spaces and the times at which the group meets. Thank you for your enquiry and offer of volunteering.